Monday, October 26, 2009

Diwali


Right from my childhood i hated jackhammers, bulldozers or anything that made substantial noise, rather pollution. Ear shattering bombs during Diwali is no exception. Subjected to 45 decibels of of noise, an average person cannot sleep. Hearing damage begins at 85 decibels. I always felt pity for the infants during this season.

The lyricist of Brown Trout (AKA Jim Morrison) rang me while polishing off Lasagne and Spaghetti at The Sweet Chariot Café, Koramangala on this Diwali eve (Of course, from someone else's plate). I started from home carrying a listless mood to meet Hero's best friend who had just landed in namma Bengaluru (from aamchi Mumbai) and also to collect her (Hero) Austrian made Jumbo size classic guitar + the coffin. Guitar was tempting and the only inspiration. Promises are like babies: easy to make, hard to deliver. Losers make promises they often break. Never mind, its just my peeves gushing out.

Stupid cupid was never my fav song (nor Mandy Moore, fav singer) until she (the Mumbai girl) sang it with a belch which I accidently captured inside the walls of the cylindrical menu card.. Isn’t it strange to embrace a song characterized by lucidity and a teen-oriented pop singer against my all time favs like Led Zepp, Ozzy, Metallica or AC/DC? Jim would have kicked my @$$ if I had told him.

One good thing about hero is that all her friends are incredibly sweet, atleast the ones I know.

My cell rang again. I guess Jim (the real name is not worth telling!!) was getting impatient. Where the F*#@ ??... Will be there in 2 mins.. on the way, I said. He always underwent an emotional constipation till the moment he shared his newly inscribed song with me. I took a rick with the money borrowed from my best friend. She looked taller in her brand new skin tight jean.


The moment I stepped into the rick, the stink reminded me of a cheap local bar. I don’t know if the entire universe conspired to fulfill Jim’s desire or if it was the festive mood and the “Spirit” of the driver; I reached home in two mins.


I thought it was the beginning of a usual Saturday evening…

6 comments:

Deepthi_Alvares said...

Kudos to you Sam. The evening has been described very well.

Unknown said...

Jose: very nice, nicely described the nuisance of crackers. keep going

Shine said...

hehheheh............. nice one dude....:)))))

btw, who's the AAmchi Mumbai u talkin abt???? errr not clear..:PP

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shine said...

aye.. nut loose......... obviously i kno its My Sammy..:))))))))...



i was jst playin along..... :)))))))


That's the BEST thing that has happened to me - SAMMMM...:)))))...:))))))))))

Sam said...

Thanks!! Jitto..